FAN membership offers many benefits, including memorable children's events, fun parent activities, invaluable community resources, and a wide range of ways to connect with other young families in the area! Each year runs from September to June.
Specific membership perks include:
- Children's events: Our flagship member events for kids and families are not to be missed. From Families & Firetrucks and the Halloween Parade in the fall, to the Valentine's Party in the winter and Barn Babies in the spring, many of FAN's popular children's events have truly become community-wide traditions.
- Parents' events: FAN helps parents build friendships through casual get-togethers and creative activities throughout the year. Recent events have included mani-pedi nights, holiday cookie/cocktail parties, complimentary exercise classes at local studios, and even a flower arrangement class!
- Community outreach: We're committed to contributing to our community's vitality together with our kids through annual traditions (like our Thanksgiving basket program) and service opportunities throughout the year.
- Member discount card: Thanks to our generous sponsors, FAN members enjoy discounts and perks at a range of local businesses.
- Resource guide: Our kid-focused guide to Winchester and the surrounding area provides a round-up of key places, activities, businesses and more from the experts who know them best -- your peers!
- Membership newsletter and calendar: FAN publishes a bi-monthly newsletter to all members and maintains a community calendar, flagging events and info of relevance to families with young kids.
- Preschool survey: Updated yearly, our comprehensive preschool report provides a run-down of area offerings to help you make the best choice for your family.
- Playgroups: FAN hosts bi-annual community baby showers to connect new and expecting parents, runs a weekly drop-in playgroup that is free to members, and connects families of similar-aged children online and through events.
- Member platform and forums: Through our digital platform, members can easily connect to arrange get-togethers, get community information, and crowd-source questions on life with young kids in Winchester.